Symphony Hosting is a service that provides comprehensive business and industry solutions, which reduces client costs associated with staffing and management of their PeopleSoft enterprise solutions while eliminating the need for hardware investments. Symphony’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Hosting Solution features:
- Full disaster recovery, as well as a second site disaster recovery option
- Personalized support staff
- Dedicated management staff
- Option for full application and help desk support
- Flexible, client –specific integration and management
- Dedicated network
The hosting data center houses a multi-server environment supported by a redundant Fiber/T1 network backbone, 10/100/1000 scalable fiber connection with AT&T managed BGP failover. The Hosting Center's server strategy allows us to physically isolate customer's systems on individual servers, sized for their specific needs.
Symphony Hosting offers a full spectrum of solutions to support our client’s Business Continuity strategies utilizing localized services and providing Full Disaster Recovery in the event of a serious outage at the primary Symphony Hosting data center.
The hosting data center currently utilizes Veritas Backup Exec solutions for all of our customer and corporate systems. With the exception of a few specific client requirements, Symphony Hosting performs full-system weekly backups with nightly differentials. Databases are fully backed-up nightly, with some receiving scheduled back-ups multiple times per day. Virtual servers are replicated to standby hardware locally to provide the greatest opportunity for rapid recovery.
Symphony Hosting performs routine and ad-hoc monitoring and support activities on hosted applications, databases and client infrastructures.
Symphony Hosting will prepare servers for the deployment of the systems to the hosting data center. Preparation includes:
- Server Prep – base systems readiness, including the operating system, monitoring software, shell database and network connectivity
- Application shell set-up – applications PIA and all delivered components required for the applications system are installed
- Applications Implementation Readiness – turning on applications basic operations, including: App Servers, Process Scheduler, etc.
- Network Connectivity – verifying network connectivity and client application access