Leverage Symphony’s flexible, cost-effective managed services model to optimize your EMR and integrate systems throughout your organization
Application Performance Management
Symphony provides healthcare organizations with complete visibility into the health and performance of their EMR, from the underlying infrastructure to the point of care, and offers management services using state-of-the-art monitoring technology.
Experience across major EMR technologies & vendors
Optimization experts to keep your workflow running smoothly
Technology tools to keep your EMR working optimally
Help desk support, levels 0-3, to eliminate ticket backlog
How It Works
Historically, healthcare organizations have been forced to invest in a patchwork of management and monitoring tools—HP Operations Manager for servers and applications; HP Performance Agent and Performance Manager for servers; CA Spectrum for network management; and a host of other tools to monitor switches, hubs and connections in between devices with little to no integration to identify and troubleshoot problems with their Epic environment. Under this status-quo scenario, as performance issues or outages occurred, IT professionals consulted dozens of interfaces in a manually intensive effort to identify the source of issues, causing significant delays in restoring normal operating conditions.
With Symphony’s performance management solution, this no longer has to be the case. Leveraging tight API integrations with VMware, Cisco, EMC and NetApp, the solution natively handles storage, virtualization and VDI management. Traditional SNMP, Syslog and TCP testing provide visibility into the network, power and air on which the entire platform depends. Direct querying of EMR System Pulse provides deep insight into workflow timing and exceptions, while rich agents offer real-time analysis regarding the health of key Epic services such as Print, Relay, Interconnect and Clarity. Finally, synthetic user transactions complete the picture by adding insights into how users perceive performance and provide a holistic measure of the entire platform. Furthermore, as all of this data is captured and stored in a single Big Data repository, and organizations can quickly drill down from a service outage to its root cause and restore normal conditions in record time.
- Comprehensive and holistic EMR service(s) assurance, performance and security management
- Integration of the EMR and the underlying infrastructure into a single interface for faster identification of issues and root-cause analysis
- Tight API integrations with VMware, Cisco, EMC, NetApp and others enables automated discovery and configuration of best practice monitoring, reducing configuration and maintaining the solution
- Integration of infrastructure monitoring with key metrics from EMR System Pulse to quickly correlate the impact of downstream performance on EMR health.
- Native querying of EMR Cache provides unparalleled visibility into workflow performance and exceptions
- Synthetic user transactions provide insights into how users are perceiving performance
- Behavioral learning via self-adjusting baselines help reveal real-world issues before users are impacted while avoiding false alarms
- Multiple predictive analytics algorithms help IT leaders model future capacity requirements and pinpoint the best time to invest
- Integration with ServiceNow, LANDESK and Cherwell enable automated incident generation to initiate remediation efforts faster and more effectively
- Cloud-based platform supports unlimited scalability with no impact on performance, all without adding even more infrastructure for IT to manage
Health Systems Served Over Two Decades
Typical Savings with Onsite/Offsite Model
Typical Savings with Global Delivery Model
Covering All Major Clinical and ERP Technologies
Epic • Cerner • MEDITECH • McKesson • Allscripts • Cloverleaf • PeopleSoft • Oracle Fusion • Infor Lawson • ADP • & more